Friday, March 15, 2013

Where to start?

     A friend recently asked if I had a blog. I dont remember how the subject came up but thats not vital to this posting in particular. Upon my friend asking, I had two immediate thoughts,
1) Why would anyone care what I thought or how I felt about anything?
2) Why DON'T I have a blog?


Let's ( I say lets because I'm assuming at some point I will have a reader of this horrendous thing.) discuss the first thought. Not to be too hard or negative on myself but I've tried having art/sketch blogs. After starting them I would boast to whoever would listen, I'd create something and post with the hopes of getting feedback from people, as soon as I hit that publish button I would go to Facebook and Twitter and tell the world I was ready to share! It took a lot for me to be comfortable with people seeing my art or the progress of it. This was a huge step for me. Then the thing I was scared of... happened. No one responded. No one cared. The comments stayed as empty as the malls on Christmas Day. The analytics showed that a few visitors stumbled on my page. I eager awaited some form of response. And...nothing. The silence was deafening...
   
Not one to give up too easily I posted again. And again. And again. And again. Everytime I got a few more responses but nothing to get happy about. I guess at that point I realized if no one cares to see what I do, I shouldn't care to show it. I would make art, at most post sketches and the works in progress on Instagram and wait until the final version and just put it on my website. Again that was with art and sketch blogs, I hadn't even thought of a *gasp!*, "real" blog.

See to incorporate my second thought ( please see above if you forgot! ), why not try my hand at a written blog? Even if no one cares what I think, what I say, or how I feel, I could always use it as an outlet. I could post sketches if and when I felt but to be more own critic. Who cares about other people think? A blog by me for me, and if others happen upon it then they could read along. I guess it could be like a a train with people hopping aboard and getting off and just see where they go with what I write.


The friend that asked about my bloggyness said she'd be interested to read what was on my mind. Well at least that's one reader, although I'm not so sure she knows what she's getting herself into. I'm sure my wife would read, and she loves everything I do, so thats another reader. As far as I'm concerned they could be my only readers.

I've disabled comments but if anyone really needs to get ahold of me or tell me what they think of whatever it is I'm going to blog about my newly created email strictly for the blog use is floating around the about me section somewhere.

I'm just curious to see where this is going to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment